Monday, September 12, 2011

Hop Farm



This Summer i went to the Hop Farm festival in Kent with my boyfriend, our friends Gabriella and Stan, and ended up running in to our other friend Nick. I can honestly say it was one of the best weekend's of my life. 

This was the first festival i had been to in my 21 years (lame i know) so i was slightly nervous as i'm not the happiest camper. However all the porter loo's were clean and fully stocked with loo roll, which was brilliant. There were no fights, no stealing (that i was aware of) or general naughtiness that you here about from other festival's, The whole experience was full off amazing music and great people!

There is no sponsorship or branding, which was really refreshing and it was so eco-friendly, each evening the felids were cleared of debris there was no glass around, the toilets were manned and cleaned and it was full of veggie and vegan friendly treats! Yum!

and the line up.... i nearly had a heart attack when my boyfriend told me who was playing and there was no way i would have missed it!

The line up: 
Iggy pop
Morrisey
Patti smith
Aloe black (the sharpest man on earth)
Lou reed
Tinnie Tempah (Guilty pleasure of mine)
Larry Graham and Graham Central Station
PRINCE!

I grew up listening to Prince and all of the above, so it really was a dream come true getting to see them all on one weekend. I recommend to anyone who is a first time festival goer, that Hop Farm is a great Festival to ease yourself in! 

And here's some pictures...



No comments: